Saturday 27 September 2008

We Can now see!!

The puppies have finally opened their eyes today. They are so cute! However they look as if they have a bad hangover!! Each time they open them, they roll around in their heads and then close:

"......ah no, the bright lights....!"

Bless them though they are adorable. The only trouble now is getting them all good homes. To be honest I'm the type that would rather give them away to people who would care for them and love them than sell them to someone who would have no real clue and would treat them badly.

Auntie Cecilia has had a good day, she embraced the bit. After trialling round the shops some months ago we finally found a bridle that would fit her massive head. The bit was the next problem, 5.5" is the biggest most shops will stock, so i was hard pushed today to find the 6", but i did and it fits like a glove.

To be honest I'm really impressed at her. she is 10yrs old and has never really been in civilisation, but she has taken to it really well. she has had so much change and taken it all really well. although some change is better than others, bits and girths are bad, but apple or mint flavoured horse licks are great!!! (she has eaten one in a day!)

although i feel her easy going nature is going to run out at some point and i will soon find out what flicks her switch.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one.

I shall ask the farmer.

CJ xx

Merlin's Wizard said...

The Farmer is a softie- I feel he could be persuaded!

MW
XXX

Betsy Brock said...

Hey...thanks for the comment on my blog. Great to meet you. I see you know Casdok...any friend of Casdok is a friend of mine! My autistic triplets went horseback riding over the summer. Your horse if beautiful! I guess I can share Kevin with you....just for one dance!