Thursday 30 July 2009

The Border Union Show

Well madness must run in our family or I have just got a double dose!

Taking one horse is a task, two is a struggle, but we decided to take three! Yes, three. Three to groom, three to wash and three to put tails up (although a kind lady came and did the mare's tail for me) . However we managed to make it to the ring and then the fun began.

Merlin has taken a great shine to Auntie Cecilia and she has to him. He was up first. He screamed his head off for his beloved Auntie the whole time and didn't concentrate one little bit on the job in hand- we got third.

Then came Dexter, my brother's horse. He was a gent and my brother showed him really well, the judge must however must have been having a bad day, he got third too.

Then came the turn of Auntie Cecilia. She screamed also, but she barged me around too. Now being fully grown she weights not far short of a ton in weight and that really is something that you cant stop when she takes a notion.

To be fair to her she showed really well but I believe as she wouldn't stand still a screamed so much that's why we were given another third place.

I then rode her later around the show field and she went so well I kicked myself for the rest of the day for not bringing my show jacket and boots ( she was supposed to be in the ridden class but I withdrew as I didn't think she was ready- more fool me). She was a dream and went far better with me sat on her back than she did with me beside her.

The day was good on the whole, if not rather stressful at times, and the horses went there and back safely- which in the end is the main thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brave! Third is okay, isn't it?

CJ xx

Merlin's Wizard said...

yeah it is and I shoudlnt complain really, just got a taste of red and liked it! lol

Anonymous said...

Information outstanding submitting! I must say i enjoyed looking at them, tonsil stone you were a fantastic artice writer.I am going to remember to search for your internet site Satellite direct review and often will sometimes come later on. I'm going to entice most people remain your current amazing reports, have a wonderful holiday vacation penis advantage weekend break!