Thursday 22 May 2008

I must be Mad!

It has come to the time where Merlin must go to his first show. Merlin is a one year old Clydesdale Colt ( still has his manhood) and as he is registered, I am able to enter him for the in hand show classes and also the Clydesdale Horse Society Shield. However I was initially looking forward to this, I am not now. Everyday when I think "right I'm ready and I know what I am doing" something else crops up. For instance yesterday I was thinking great, I have all your pampering stuff, you are going to look great- all set". Today I find that I might need to plait him up! This entails more shopping for ribbon and raffia and also its a new style of plaiting that I have never done before! Personally I'm dreading it!

I can see us now.........................


"Merlins wizard is now entering the ring. But whats this? Her steed has taken off round the ring at a flat out gallop dragging Merlin's wizard with him.! After regaining some control the pair look as if they should be entered for the best dressed hedge!"


I think I will be fine (I say completely unconvinced), but I have little confidence in this area and Merlin has never done this before, at least it is the blind leading the blind. I suppose if we disgrace ourselves this much then we wont have to go back next year!!


I will report back on Monday evening on how Myself and Merlin did at the Northumberland Show.


Merlin's Wizard
xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture of Merlin. Your first time will be fantastic experience and even if you do mess up, you will have plenty of time to improve for next year. Just go for it and show 'em what your made of. Good Luck.

Great poem about your Grandma. Hope they are free range eggs that she makes the red cheddar cheese scones with....!!

CJ xx

merry weather said...

Ha! I've been catching up on your blog MW... I'm so glad your worst case scenario didn't occur! Gosh, Merlin is a beautiful horse! All that lovely long hair to brush/comb... You must spend ages preparing him, he looks the bees knees, he really does!