Monday 19 May 2008

My Gran

I wrote this poem last night about my Grandma- its a bit of fun and I hope you enjoy reading it!


My Gran

She's the one who makes my sore tummy feel better,
She's the woman's' whose handwriting you cant read in a letter.

She's the woman who says "put the lights out please",
She's the woman who makes scones with red cheddar cheese.

She's the woman who vacuums like shes got OCD,
She's the woman who loves soaps on the TV.

Everyday I wake up I hope I grow up to be like her,
Because she's my gran, and she's just super!

4 comments:

DarkmanUK said...

As I said, Just like my Gran too xxx

San said...

A cool poem about a cool grandma.

Question: is it the scones with red cheddar cheese that make your sore tummy feel better?

My grandmother has been gone for a long time now, but she loved her soap! She would talk about the characters as though they were people she knew. And in a way, she did.

merry weather said...

Ah, funny. Hope she likes this :)

My gran died 18 years ago, but I can still hear her voice, remember the way she sniffed sometimes instead of answering.

She was a poppet, an Edwardian in some ways! Strict and proper but with a twinkle in her eye and a heart of gold.

It's good to celebrate Grans!!

Merlin's Wizard said...

To San: the scones certainly helped my sore tummy! i think its her as a person though, she has a heart of gold.

To Merry Weather: My gran also comes accross as a bit strict but you can see by the twinkle that she also thinks its very funny too!

Thank you both for your lovely comments

Merlins Wizard xxx